Jazz Dance classes in Barcelona
What is Jazz Dance?
Jazz is an energetic and expressive dance style that was born in the United States at the beginning of the 20th century. It is characterized by its rhythm, fluid movements and isolation techniques. Jazz combines elements of ballet, modern dance and popular music, resulting in a unique and exciting style that allows you to explore your creativity and self-expression.
Jazz, as a form of bodily expression, embodies in its essence the fascinating encounter between African and European cultures. Throughout its existence, it has been shaped by social and personal influences, which is reflected in the various forms of jazz dance we know today.
What do you need to learn to dance jazz?
To learn to dance jazz, you just need to have an open mind, be willing to move to the rhythm of the music and, of course, a place to learn the basic steps and techniques. At Escola Luthier de Dansa, we offer jazz classes for all levels, from beginners to advanced. Our teachers have had the privilege of training with renowned teachers and authentic references worldwide, absorbing the techniques of Katherine Dunhan and Jack Cole, considered the founding fathers of this wonderful form of expression. Some of them are: Walter Nicks, Vanoye Aikens, Carmencita Romero, Carl París, Lynn Simonson, Teresa Pérez Ceccon, among others.
Our teachers will be your tireless guides, pushing you to explore each step and helping you to develop your skills and confidence in dance. At Escola Luthier de Dansa, pedagogical excellence is intertwined with a passion for jazz dance to provide you with a unique and unforgettable experience..
Benefits of Jazz Dancing
Jazz is not only an exciting and rewarding form of artistic expression, but it also offers numerous benefits, such as:
- Improves coordination and balance: Jazz teaches you to control and isolate different parts of your body, which helps improve your coordination and balance.
- Increases endurance and strength: The energetic movements of jazz, combined with leg work and the use of core strength, will help you build muscular strength and cardiovascular endurance.
- Develop flexibility: The stretching and elongation techniques in jazz classes will allow you to improve your flexibility and range of motion.
- Stimulate creativity: Jazz gives you the opportunity to experiment with different movements and choreography, which encourages creativity and self-expression.
- Socialization and fun: Jazz classes at Escola Luthier de Dansa allow you to meet people with similar interests in a friendly and energetic environment.
At Escola Luthier de Dansa, we are committed to offering the highest quality jazz classes in Barcelona. Our experience and passion for dance make us the best choice to learn this exciting dance style, so don’t wait any longer! Join us today and discover the wonderful world of jazz at Escola Luthier de Dansa.